BIM COORDINATOR + ARCHITECT / ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER (MID-LEVEL)
Superkül is a Toronto-based practice that works across typologies and scales to create vibrant, high-performance contemporary architecture of enduring value. We embrace a first-principles approach and enlist only the most advanced and sustainable methods to deliver vital and dignified design. The result: flexible, fluid, and functional spaces that are luminous and inviting.
Helmed by Meg Graham and Andre D’Elia, our mid-sized firm (35+ people) espouses a collaborative and convivial office culture that offers extensive opportunities for inspiring work, robust mentorship, and constructive career development. As we continue to grow, our goal is to maintain our award-winning residential practice while responding to an increased demand to execute exciting and complex multi-unit residential, mixed-use, and institutional projects.
Superkül requires a Construction Documents (CD) production Architect / Architectural Designer and part-time BIM Manager to work specifically on CDs in the multi-unit residential and institutional team. This candidate will assist and direct the project team(s) in the assembly, coordination, and completion of CDs for issuance to clients, consultant team, and municipal authorities.
The part-time BIM management role would work closely with the Management Team / Project Architects to oversee, set up, and maintain project Revit models across all sectors in the office. The role will work with the in-house Revit team to build and maintain the office’s Revit Library as well as assist in the development and expansion of BIM capabilities within the office.
- Produce and lead team in the production of construction drawing sets, from design development to construction documents and contract administration
- Prepare architectural drawings using REVIT/BIM360 and other modeling software
- Perform effective analysis of applicable building codes, by-laws, and other regulations and technical documents / reports to which a project may be subject
- Technical detailing
- Lead BIM coordination for all projects, facilitate BIM execution plans
- Create Revit standards, families, and templates
- Oversee the creation of Revit files at project start, maintenance and troubleshooting of files throughout the project as required
- Administer in-house training and guidance on BIM / Revit best practices
- Develop strong relationships with clients and internal teams
- Manage and coordinate consultants
- Other related duties will be assigned as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of post-graduate work experience in an architectural practice with significant experience in institutional, multi-unit residential, and/or commercial projects
- Relevant experience of CD production for mid- to high-rise residential, commercial, institutional, and/or mixed-use buildings
- Extensive project management experience, including managing an internal team
- BIM coordination experience across a variety of sectors and project scales
- Broad knowledge of Revit / BIM360 and BIM subject matter expert
- Experience and expertise in construction documentation, including envelope detailing, for institutional, multi-unit residential, and/or commercial projects
- Previous experience using Newforma and Microsoft Teams for Project Management an asset
- Completion of a Bachelor or Master of Architecture or a Technologist Degree from a recognized institution
- Experience with Authorities Having Jurisdiction, including ZAA, SPA, building permit applications, and Committee of Adjustment
- High level of understanding of the Ontario Building Code and City of Toronto’s Zoning By-laws
- LEED and/or Passive House accreditation and knowledge of sustainable technologies beneficial
- Member of the Ontario Association of Architects and/or Royal Architectural Institute of Canada beneficial
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and competency in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Interested candidates should submit their résumé, cover letter, and samples of their work (PDF file 5MB max) to [email protected] with “BIM Coordinator + Architect / Architectural Designer – Mid-Level” as the subject line.