MULTI-UNIT RESIDENTIAL ARCHITECT / ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER (MID-LEVEL)
Superkül is a Toronto-based practice that works across typologies and scales to create vibrant, high-performance contemporary architecture of enduring value. We embrace a first-principles approach and enlist only the most advanced and sustainable methods to deliver vital and dignified design. The result: flexible, fluid, and functional spaces that are luminous and inviting.
Helmed by Meg Graham and Andre D’Elia, our mid-sized firm (35+ people) espouses a collaborative and convivial office culture that offers extensive opportunities for inspiring work, robust mentorship, and constructive career development. As we continue to grow, our goal is to maintain our award-winning residential practice while responding to an increased demand to execute exciting and complex institutional, multi-unit residential, and mixed-use projects.
Superkül relies on its Architects / Architectural Designers to bring in-depth knowledge of design and architecture to support a range of projects, applying their skill and knowledge across settings to support various project goals. Architects / Architectural Designers should have the kind of experience and education that enables them to demonstrate superior creativity and insight with respect to structural and building requirements.
We are looking for a mid-level Architect / Architectural Designer to work on our multi-unit residential team.
- Develop and prepare design development materials and presentations
- Develop designs and details with design intent, based on research and resolution of technical and design issues
- Develop construction documents for projects of varying scope with minimal supervision
- Manage projects from concept through contract administration phases
- Prepare architectural drawings using REVIT, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and other modeling software
- Perform effective analysis of applicable building codes, by-laws, and other regulations and technical documents / reports to which a project may be subject
- Develop strong relationships with clients and internal teams
- Manage and coordinate consultants
- Other related duties will be assigned as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years of post-graduate work experience in an architectural practice with significant experience in institutional, multi-unit residential, and commercial projects
- Project management experience, including managing an internal team
- Previous experience using Newforma and Microsoft Teams for Project Management an asset
- Completion of Master of Architecture from a recognized institution
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, and other 3D modeling software
- Ability to work well either on a team or independently
- Experience with Authorities Having Jurisdiction, including ZAA, SPA, building permit applications, and Committee of Adjustment
- Experience and expertise in construction documentation, including envelope detailing, for institutional, multi-unit residential, and commercial projects
- Experience with contract administration, shop drawing review, as well as on-site reviews and reporting
- High level of understanding of the Ontario Building Code and City of Toronto’s Zoning By-laws
- LEED and/or Passive House accreditation and knowledge of sustainable technologies beneficial
- Member of the Ontario Association of Architects and/or Royal Architectural Institute of Canada beneficial
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and ExcelKind regards,
Interested candidates should submit their résumé, cover letter, and samples of their work (PDF file 5MB max) to [email protected] with “Multi-Unit Architect / Architectural Designer Position Application – Mid-Level” as the subject line.